Eddie at Tiger's Thoughts's has compiled the free agent rankings for the free agents next year. Its absolutely amazing work. Please go over and give his blog a look.
Here is the link:
- Jason Varitek has somehow managed an A ranking. I wonder if Boston will offer arbitration to their captain. If they get two picks that corpse of a baseball player I`m going to be really annoyed. Meanwhile, Pudge is only a type B. Elias desperately needs to change their formula. Pudge is a very borderline type B though and could become a type A.
- Abreu is unsurprisingly a Type A. This just enforces the idea that he should be let go.
- Giambi is a Type B. The Yankees wouldn't dare offer him arbitration anyway. He`ll be back on a 2 year deal next year.
- The market for centerfielders is incredibly thin. Only Mike Cameron is decent at all. He is a type B but he also has an option for 2009. He may be an option if they can't pull off a trade.
- Mussina and Pettitte are both Type A free agents but I don't think it matters. Mussina should be back and if Pettite is offered arbitration he`ll either accept or retire.
- A.J. Burnet should be a free agent and would be a Type A. I don't know about him. He`s an injury risk and has never been truly amazing. Is he worth the risk of a long-term deal and two draft picks?
- Jon Garland is a Type B free agent. Although some fans are suggesting he is signed as a back-end of the rotation guy I don't like the idea. His K/BB is to low for comfort.
- C.C. Sabathia and Ben Sheets haven't been done yet but when they are done they will probably (obviously) be type A's.
That's about it for now. Now sit back and watch the game.