- The deal is basically 8 years for 180 million dollars. This keeps him up until his mid 30's.
- Their is no opt-out as was previously reported.
- He has a full no trade clause.
- The average annual salary will be about 22-23 million dollars a year.
- They`re planning on trading either Damon, Matsui, Nady, or Swisher to make room on the payroll.
- Their bid was about 5-10 million dollars more than the Red Sox depending on who you`re asking.
- I preferred Adam Dunn but I can't really complain about this signing.
- The Yankees spending IS ridiculous and something really has to be done about it.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Here`s a few notes on the Mark Teixeira signing: